Wednesday, November 4, 2015

CMT Announcement #4: Disney December






... because I just can't help myself.

Apparently the brain likes organization. That's the best explanation for me doing another theme month so soon. This time around, I'll be looking at four classics from the Walt Disney Company: Mulan, Fantasia, Hercules and James and the Giant Peach (all on Netflix). If time allows, I'll throw in something extra on Christmas Eve, but only if you're good boys and girls.

I've got a couple of other announcements to make this week, but first I need to show some appreciation.


Thank You.

October was an outstanding month for this blog. Views skyrocketed for the essays on "Interview with the Vampire" and "The Omen". Generally though, every post saw a significant bump up. My thanks for spreading the word and continuing to tune in.

One benefit of producing weekly content like this, is that I'm able to provide readers with choices. Your level of interest may change based on what movie I'm looking at, but if I can't hook you every time there's always next week. Feel free to browse all my work, or just what you fancy and no more.






November Genre Packs.

While I was searching for a good follow up to "Conan the Barbarian", I decided that it'd be cool to cut the month in half. The first double feature is Sci-Fi/Fantasy, and it ends with "Barbarella" next Monday. The second genre focus is Western Classics, beginning with "High Noon" and ending with "Once Upon A Time in The West".

That last film is two hours and forty-five minutes. I'm interested to see if it can justify that running time, but according to RottenTomatoes.com, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (98% Fresh). The film was directed by Sergio Leone ("The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"), and it stars Henry Fonda, Charles Bronson and others. With "Fellowship of The Ring", I was so into the story that I didn't realize the movie was long; hopefully that happens again.






Bonus Horror.

I just stumbled upon the first "Nightmare on Elm Street" sequel, while I was browsing Netflix. I watched it, and the subject for a companion piece hit me right away. After it was completed, I realized that I was in deep. With the original movie and "New Nightmare" done, why not look at the rest of the series?

There are four other direct sequels, ending with "The Final Nightmare". That venture will take me out of Netflix, but I do want to look at them anyway.  Freddy's a part of film history and I want to see where he's been. I don't expect to like every film, but it should be interesting regardless.

The first Bonus essay, on "Freddy's Revenge", is dropping a week from today. No word yet, on when I'll finish the others, but I hope to revisit the series every couple of months, at least.


Better Communication.

Effective immediately, the end of all essays will have a note, informing you  about the next movie to be highlighted. I also plan to start a Facebook business page in the future, which you can simply 'Like' to get all the info on what I'm up to.






Sweet Dreams.


That's all for now. We'll talk to ya.


B.A.S.

-November 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment