Thursday, September 17, 2015

CMT - Announcement #2 - Halloween Highlights




When I was a kid, I couldn't watch Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video.





I was too scared. That zombie face was the most terrifying thing I had seen by that point and I simply wouldn't watch the werewolf transformation. Instead, I preferred to stare at the back of the couch. Even so, Halloween was my second most favorite holiday of the year; it came directly after Christmas in my heart, but that's only because those gifts are hard to beat.






The ability to dress up and pretend to be someone, or something else entirely appealed to me. No kid with an active imagination, could go without putting on a costume. It was almost like the candy came second to the fun. It was scary, sure, but it was thrilling at the same time.





So, with childlike enthusiasm, let me present "Halloween Highlights" running in this blog through October. Beginning on 10/5 and continuing on Mondays, up to and including 10/26, I will be providing commentaries on some of the most celebrated horror films of all time. Then, on Saturday October 31st, I will post a bonus essay on "The Monster Squad". 

I ask only, that you supplement your candy with popcorn, so you don't get sick.


The images here, represent the movies we'll be looking at. For the exact order and dates of each essay, be sure to check my Twitter page. I normally post the announcement on Tuesdays, sometime before late evening (It's too spooky).

So feel free to join me, in this month-long celebration of ghouls and ghosts and goblins. You're always welcome, be you supernatural creature or seafaring pirate. Just remember, that the nutritious value of candy apples negates all of the sugar, and as long as you have a tooth in your mouth you're free to rot them away.


It's so sweet.

@ChannelSeals

No comments:

Post a Comment